[TRLog] TS-940 computer interface help

Marty Watt mwattcpa@earthlink.net
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:00:30 GMT

Thanks to Doug, W9WI, I believe I have identified the IF-10B interface in my
TS-940.  I looked beneath the speaker/control enclosure, opened the next
shielded enclosure, and found the Digital Unit X54-1830-00 board, and at the
rear of the board just to the left of center found a socketed IC, JAC2 2740,
with markings on the chip MBM2732A-30 8827 W58.  On the Schematic, it is
marked IC20 (Option).  If this is incorrect, please let me know!

Well, now that I have determined that I have this chip, how do I use it?  I
know I need an interface device, but how does the interface connect to the
radio?

Anybody have an instruction sheet for this, or will the interface unit tell me
how to connect it?  I hope to interface it.  I already have a functioning
keyer interface through the parallel port.  I'm quickly running out of
connections, however!

Thanks for the help,

Marty, N5NW
Memphis, Tennessee