[TRLog] Wish to improve SAP mode

Clive Whelan gw3njw@arrl.net
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:56:11 GMT

 Holger Meihsner wrote:

> I think it's an embarassing situation and to avoid this
> confusion it should be possible to add a EX CFMD NOW KEY.
> That means in SAP mode ENTER sends my call each time as long as I
> confirm the initial or modified exchange with the EX CFMD NOW KEY
> and only right after this my exchange is sent

I think we have all done that, certainly I do it only too often.

However I think your proposed remedy is not ideal and adds another
key combo which I don't think is really necessary.

F1 always sends your call, and if the cursor is in the call window
it moves to the exchange window, otherwise it just stays put there.
Therefore why not have an option so that e.g. ENTER CALLS IN S&P
with the default as TRUE as at present, but if set to FALSE then
only F1 will call. Of course it would then be necessary to have F1
perform the dupe check on the first call. Seems elegant and
probably not too much programming work?

73

Clive
GW3NJW