[TRLog] MULTI INFO MESSAGE, etc

Fred J. Helmstetter fjh@uwm.edu
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:05:23 -0800

I'll try this one again.  Thanks to Don, VE6JY I understand how to
get the message to update.  I'm still having trouble with the position
it gets drawn on the screen.  We used it for a M/2 during phone
NAQP and wound up having use other, less convenient, means of
knowing what the other guy's frequency/etc was.  With 4 or 5
copies of the string on the screen at once showing different data
the feature wasn't too useful.

I realize that most people don't use TR in multiop situations but I
wonder if anyone has any ideas how to fix this.  I'd hate to have to
switch to CT for the few multiops we do here for such a minor
glitch.

-Fred

> I'm having a little trouble getting a two computer multi network to
> run the way I think it should.  I have MULTI INFO MESSAGE set up and
> it works some of the time but seems to get drawn in several places on
> the screen under the band map (band map active on both machines, VGA
> color on both).  It's as though the cursor positioning when it goes to
> print the info string was not always correct.  Makes it hard to read
> because even though the info stays in the window under the bandmap,
> there will sometimes be several copies of the string visible and you
> can't tell which is the latest. Anybody else see this?

Fred J. Helmstetter, N9FH (ex KF9ZI, WB2WDW)
n9fh@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/n9fh