[TRLog] Footswitch CW?

John, KE5C ke5c@vvm.com
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:02:38 -0500

Would this interest anyone else?  I operate a station where the paddles
are connected to a keyer which is in parallel to TR Log's CW output.
The station owner has some reasons for doing this, and using the paddle
input is not an option, but he does have a footswitch...

One issue is that the speed of the keyer is never the same as TR Log,
and that is confusing at times to both me and the other station when
asking for fills.  Another issue is it would just be nice to stay with
the keyboard and TR Log and not have to focus on the paddles, then
refocus on the keyboard.  Hitting F10, or whatever key is programmed to
send keyboard CW, and then hitting ENTER to terminate is also a
distraction.

So, what about a footswitch option to SENDKEYBOARDCW?  As long as you
keep the footswitch down, what you type is sent as CW.  When you let us,
that ends it - you don't press F10 to start or ENTER to stop, and the
cursor stays in whatever window you were in - call or exchange (probably
the latter).  Just a consideration for the wish list.  Thanks.

73, de ke5c, op  john