[TRLog] Re: Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripes

Ed, G3SQX / N0ED G3SQX@email.com
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 01:21:07 -0000

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my semi-rant about TR.
Most of the responses were supportive, and said I should persist, which I
intend to do.

It's clear that TR has more features than any other program.  And I can see
how it takes time to unlearn things that the other software requires you to
do.  But I still think the user interface of TR could be improved.  When I
have used it a few more times, and know more about the way TR works, I will
try to make a few suggestions about how things could be better.

I'm aware that Tree could not possibly be making any money out of writing
and supporting TR (and neither do the authors of other ham-related software,
I'm sure).  It's a labor of love to create and maintain such a program with
the stability for which it is well-known.

If you are around, please call me in the IOTA contest (I'll be TF/G3SQX).  I
haven't yet decided which contest logging software to use!

73,

Ed, N0ED (G3SQX)