[TRLog] packet

Bill Turner w7ti@jps.net
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:16:22 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <k6ll@juno.com
<snip>

> Using the software that came with your Kantronics, set the tnc
> baud rate at 2400, then exit the program. The tnc remembers its
> last baud rate setting.

Only the newer versions of KAM tncs automatically remember their settings.
Older ones have to have the PERM command executed before turning them off,
otherwise they revert to the previous setting.  I have a version 5 which
requires PERM; I know version 8 does not... where the change was made, I
don't know but it was in there somewhere.  The difference is the later ones
have a battery for memory backup and the older ones used an EEPROM with no
battery.

Anyone who owns a KAM probably knows this already, but I thought I'd clarify
it for possible future owners.

Bill, W7TI