[TRLog] Multi log processing

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:23:48 -0700

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 12:38:50PM -0600, Thomas M. Schaefer wrote:

> OK, I have logs from 6 different computers that were networked together for
> Field Day. Due to some computers not being on the network the whole time,
> they are not all exact logs. But, each log file has most of the contacts
> from the other stations. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to
> integrate all the logs?  Here is what I did so far:
>
> I merged each log with the post utility. This appeared to eliminate any
> duplicates from the same station so I end up with an exact log of all the
> stations.

That will work - a better way to do it is to give each
computer (before the contes starts) a unique comptuer ID.
You do this in TR-Log.

Then after the contest get the logs off of each
computer making sure you know the computer ID of
the of the logs computer.  Then you extract the
log for each computer id from that log ie. extract
all of the QSOs made with computer ID A from the log
makd on the A computer.  You do this with POST.

Once you have logs form each computer with just the
QSOs that were logged on that computer then you
use the POST L G command to merge them all together.

Don't for get to also look for any notes that were
made during the contest as to loggging corrections
etc.

One additional step I like to pereform after all of the above
is to use the TR READ command to "rework" the contest with
the full log - this step insures that all the points and mults
are counted correclty and it also provides somewhat of a
check of callsign and exchange entry.  It is possible to
edit a call or exchange in the edit window or after the
contest and make it wrong.  When you do the TR READ command
errors like that will stop the reading of the log.

This is much eaiser than it sounds.

--

George Fremin III        "When a true genius appears in the world,
Johnson City, TX           you may know him by this sign; that the