[TRLog] QSX problems

John Langdon jlangdon@outer.net
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 14:18:42 -0600

This did not happen with previous versions, but I have not tried
reinstalling an older TR release to see if the problem goes away.  Only
other thing I notice is that the program asks for my name and call on
start-up, which did not happen previously either.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-trlog@contesting.com [mailto:owner-trlog@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Kenneth E. Harker
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 8:29 PM
To: TR Log Reflector
Subject: [TRLog] QSX problems

     At N5CQ M/S this past weekend, we had a distinct problem with QSX
info on 40M packet spots.  We were using 6.48 with a Yaesu FT-1000MP.  When
going to a packet spot on 40SSB with QSX info in the band map, VFO A
would tune to the RX frequency fine, but VFO B would end up 150 kHz
below where it should have been.  (i.e., a spot '7039.9 JA8RWU QSX 7215'
would tune VFO A to 7039.9 and VFO B to 7065.0.)  At least I think it was
150 kHz - I'll admit that I was too busy to diagnose it fully.  We ended up
just tuning by hand on 40M.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page