[TRLog] Lockups

Grant Mitchell mitchell_g@popmail.firn.edu
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:03:39 -0500

Rod,

Thanks for the description on "STACKS".

I have had some more time to play with this and this is what I found.

1.    Remove BUFFERS=40 from CONFIG.SYS...no lockup

2.    Remove FILES=50 from CONFIG.SYS...no lockup

3.    Remove STACKS=18,512 from CONFIG.SYS...lockup

4.    Install STACKS=18,512 in CONFIG.SYS...no lockup

5.    Remove SMARTDRV.EXE from AUTOEXEC.BAT....no lockup

6.    Re-install BUFFERS=40, FILES=50 in CONFIG.SYS and SMARTDRV.EXE in
AUTOEXEC.BAT...no lockup.

(system was re-booted after each of the above changes)

My three 386/486 laptops all seem to be working fine now with ver 6.48 and no
lockups.  Not sure why I need the STACKS command but it works on all my machines.
I like using straight DOS machines with a DOS program (TRLOG) and have the usual
Pentium 350 and 450 PC (WIN 98) for home/business use.