[TRLog] Zone Mult display, etc.

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:05:16 -0500

After 6 years of using TRLog, I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know how to
display the remaining ZONE mults on a given band during CQWW.  It's gotta
be there someplace, right?

I was also somewhat perplexed by the big Remaining Mult window, which
showed a number of countries greyed out that I had never worked on the band
in question.

A final observation -- you can tell TR Log users on the band by one
unfortunate trademark -- goofy CW messages sent by virtue of being in the
wrong mode.  I think it's desirable to find another key combination
(Ctl-Tab?) for going from CQ to S&P mode, at least as an optional
replacement for Tab in that role.  Too many of us use Tab reflexively to
move from one field to another in Windows dialogue boxes.  I think it's
also time to make Shift-Tab the default for going from S&P to CQ, as
opposed to Escape.  We don't change modes so much that a 2-key combination
in both directions would be especially onerous.

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at