[TRLog] Zone Mult display, etc.

Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV dl2zav@darc.de
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:52:54 +0100

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>

> A final observation -- you can tell TR Log users on the band by one
> unfortunate trademark -- goofy CW messages sent by virtue of being in the
> wrong mode.

Yes, I do send goofy CW messages, but nevertheless I fully agree with
George's reply.

I don't think there are problems when you want to be in CQ mode but are in
SAP mode.
Typical situations for me are:

F1 to call a station, but you call CQ, because TR put you in CQ mode. This
"escape key blues" has been discussed widely and finally solved. I still
have problems ending up in CQ mode instead of SAP when playing with 2
radios, need to get more familiar with that. Luckily, my F1 is "DL2ZAV test"
so I can hit escape and then TAB after the V - if I recognize it in time!

Waiting for a station to finish his QSO, his callsign already input, his
zone (Alt-Z) too, now call him, quick! Hit ENTER and BANGGG: There goes the
SAP exchange TU UR 5NN... instead of my call. This is quite OK in the logic
of the program. The only way to avoid this is to REMEMBER that I must call
him with F1 in this situation.

Udo

dl2zav@darc.de

Ich logge mit TR-Log.