[TRLog] Zone Mult display, etc.

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@loja.kkn.net
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:36:53 -0800

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 01:05:16PM -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

> After 6 years of using TRLog, I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know how to
> display the remaining ZONE mults on a given band during CQWW.  It's gotta
> be there someplace, right?

alt-g

> A final observation -- you can tell TR Log users on the band by one
> unfortunate trademark -- goofy CW messages sent by virtue of being in the
> wrong mode.  I think it's desirable to find another key combination
> (Ctl-Tab?) for going from CQ to S&P mode, at least as an optional

I dont agree.

 - TAB gets you into S&P mode.
 - Hitting the spacebar with no call in the call window gets you
   into S&P mode.

I move between the call window and the exchange window in two ways.
either by the normal flow of TR during a QSO or I use the up and down
arrows.

> replacement for Tab in that role.  Too many of us use Tab reflexively to
> move from one field to another in Windows dialogue boxes.  I think it's
> also time to make Shift-Tab the default for going from S&P to CQ, as

Shift-Tab already gets you from the S&P mode to CQ mode.

I never use this - I use Escape.

If you do not want the Escape key to exit the S&P mode then
you can set this setting:

ESCAPE EXITS SEARCH AND POUNCE = FALSE

It is in the Control-J mode.

>  We don't change modes so much that a 2-key combination
> in both directions would be especially onerous.

Speak for yourself on this one... I use the escape key to
get out of S&P all the time - I like the fact that
it is one keystroke.  I also like the fact that I can
hit the spacebar and get in the S&P mode and send my
callsign at the same time - one big key - way cool.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."