[TRLog] tr this weekend on arrl 160

wbcapps@mindspring.com wbcapps@mindspring.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:18:17 -0500

Hello
   i used trlog this weekend for the first time in the arrl 160 contest. In the previous years, i had used paper logs and this year,tr really increased my qso count. I'm not a real big contester, but it didnt take long for me to see how 2 radio's could really help increase the qso's. maybe i'll try 2 radio's next year.

   anyhow, i had something happen late saturday/sunday morning while i was CQ'ing the time away. I believe it might be a hardware problem and not a software problem, but i was interested if anyone has it ever happen to them also. while i was cq'ing, i heard the tone of my PC generated cw change from "crisp and clear" to "dull and fuzzy" . I stopped cq'ing and checked all my connections to the pc and rig and everything seemed ok. I tried another series of CQ's and the problem didnt go away. I tried shuting down trlog and the pc and restarting it and it the bad sounding cw still was being generated through my headphones. i dont know if over the air my cq's were distorted, but they sure sounded bad. I was using a FT1000mp. Since the contest only had a few left to go, i just kept working qso's and i still was making contacts.
   does anyone have an idea why the sound of the pc generated cw changed? I havent a lot of experience with pc's i just use them to get a job done

73 and Tnx

bill capps
af4od