[TRLog] Linux, DOSEMU and TRLOG

Bryan - k0emt k0emt@dbbear.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:20:39 GMT

Running SuSE Linux 6.4
DOSEMU 1.0
AMD K62-450, 160Meg RAM

Changed the following in /etc/dosemu.conf
# printers commented out, last port line added

#$_printer = "lp"       # list of (/etc/printcap) printer names to appear
as
                        # LPT1, LPT2, LPT3 (not all are needed, empty for
none)
#$_printer_timeout = (20)# idle time in seconds before spooling out

#$_ports = ""           # list of portnumbers such as "0x1ce 0x1cf 0x238"
                        # or "0x1ce range 0x280,0x29f 310"
                        # or "range 0x1a0,(0x1a0+15)"
$_ports = "device /dev/lp0 fast range 0x3bc 0x3bf"

I do get the following error when executing xdos:

ERROR: PORT: conflicting devices: VGAEmu Mono/Hercules Card & std port io

However, TRLog DOES WORK WITH THE LPT KEYER with LINUX and DOSEMU.

I was able to program a function key and have it send.
The connected paddles worked fine.
The PTT connection also worked as expected.

The paddle w/LPT circuit were used on Yaesu FT-817.
The paddle, PTT Line w/LPT circuit were used on a Kenwood TS 570SG.

It'd be nice to resolve why the error message comes up.

But the big thing is that yes, TRLog can be run with LINUX.

73

Bryan - k0emt
http://www.dbbear.com/k0emt/