[TRLog] spotting QSOs

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:03:20 -0600

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 07:44:52AM -0600, Mark Beckwith wrote:

> Someone posted this on the cq-contest reflector:
>
> >I've been helping beta test the N1MM windows based logging program,
> >which btw is very neat ( and free!). One of the "features" is the
> >ability to spot all search and pounce qso's.
>
> This TRlog sure is a great program.  I resisted giving away to competitors the
> fact that when I view my TRlog I can always spot which QSOs are S&P just by
> looking for the $.

That's not what he meant.  He meant that one of the features of the N1MM
program is a configuration that will spot every station you work S&P on
the DX Cluster you are connected to.  So, all it takes is one lid using the
N1MM software who can't copy calls and you automatically get a whole lot
of bad spots on the cluster.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops