[TRLog] Newbie TR operation questions

Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV dl2zav@darc.de
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:30:22 +0100

> > * In CQ mode, I have a config file choice of working dupes or
> > sending the "you're a dupe" message. What I want to do is send the
> > dupe message first but then, if the station insists I'm not in his
> > log, to complete a QSO. Any way to do that short of changing the
> > config parameter back and forth in real time (many keystrokes)?
>
> Here's how I log a "dupe." Hit TAB twice. That gets you into the
> S&P mode. It also puts the cursor in the exchange field with no
> callsign in the call field, which looks so odd that it will remind you
> not to use automatic cw in this situation. Send the exchange
> manually, or using the F Keys, not by pressing ENTER. Copy his
> exchange, including callsign, entirely in the exchange field.

Or you might try this one (with the simulator first) if you like it and can
remember it:

Assume DL1DUP is a dupe that called you.
TR sends QSO b4 and erases the call.
Press Ctrl+R ("restore"). It's back again.
Type OK behind it and hit Enter.
TR thinks he is DL1DUPOK which is no dupe and works him.
While TR sends DL1DUPok599..., go and remove the OK.
Go on with the QSO as usual.
(TR will probably send the CALL OK NOW message when QSLing, but who cares.)
Udo

dl2zav@darc.de

Ich funke mit TR-Log.
TR-Log-Online-Home-Page in Deutsch: www.trlog.onlinehome.de