[TRLog] Radio Interface - BANDMAP

RPClifton@aol.com RPClifton@aol.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:00:17 EST

I finally got around to connecting my FT-1000MP to TR and WOW, why did I wait so long!?  What a tremendous feature.

The experience did raise some questions:

1.  If I hit CTRL-End to create a cursor in the BANDMAP and then move it to a call sign and hit RETURN, the rig tunes to that station.  So far so good.  Now I want to highlight a different station in the BANDMAP.  How do I do this?  I couldn't find a way to move the cursor and had to hit CTRL-End again to create a new cursor.  I've seen reference to the NEXTBANDMAP key, but can't find details in the manual.  Is this what I use?

2.  If the spot in the BANDMAP contains split information the rig went into the split mode perfectly when I selected the call in the BANDMAP, but the rig did not return to normal non-split operation when the next call (without a split) was selected in the BANDMAP.  I had to manually turnoff the split on rig.  Is this normal?

3.  I found the tuning rate, with the SHIFT keys, to be essentially perfect, but is there a way to adjust that tuning rate, if desired?

Any assistance with these question would be appreciated.   Thanks.

[My apologies if this e-mail is a duplicate, but a previous one was reported undeliverable, so I am resending.]

73, Bob - W3YY