[TRLog] Radio Interface - BANDMAP

Carl Preddy Cpreddy@rochester.rr.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:34:45 -0500

> I finally got around to connecting my FT-1000MP to TR and WOW, why did I
wait so long!?  What a tremendous feature.

> The experience did raise some questions:
>
> 1.  If I hit CTRL-End to create a cursor in the BANDMAP and then move it
to a call sign and hit RETURN, the rig tunes to that station.  So far so
good.  Now I want to highlight a different station in the BANDMAP.  How do I
do this?  I couldn't find a way to move the cursor and had to hit CTRL-End
again to create a new cursor.  I've seen reference to the NEXTBANDMAP key,
but can't find details in the manual.  Is this what I use?

I just "discovered" this fantastic feature, which has been around a while
but may not be getting enough press. Search the manual for that word; if not
found get the latest version. It needs to be bracket by ctrl-C/ctrl-D in an
F-key definition. I used to have the same objection to the bandmap focus
always returning to the top left corner. Using NEXTBANDMAP this seemed
almost a non-issue since you don't need to enter the bandmap to use it. If I
did ctrl-End to jump to a hot mult there did not seem to be any best option
for placing the focus, short of having it read my mind. I think that is
scheduled for version 7 ;-)

> 2.  If the spot in the BANDMAP contains split information the rig went
into the split mode perfectly when I selected the call in the BANDMAP, but
the rig did not return to normal non-split operation when the next call
(without a split) was selected in the BANDMAP.  I had to manually turnoff
the split on rig.  Is this normal?

It seems to be, but not desirable in my opinion. I almost got burned by
this.