SV: [TRLog] CW problems

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER" <jan-eric.rehn@telia.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:39:57 -0000

Thanks for your answers!

I forgot to mention - it was worse with the other calls with / in them such as:
K6LL/7 - K0DI/6 - K7JJ/6 - N6GLI/4 - VE5UA/6 - KP3YL/W6 - KA7VV/M - W1AH/6 and so on...

As I had AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT = 4 and AUTO CALL TERMINATE = TRUE in my logcfg.dat everyone of those calls started to send after the 4th character. Then I had to hit Shift-7 to get the / during the time the call was sent, which moved my listening frequency and messed up the CW, and then I was lost...

I'm sorry I messed your calls up, guys!

I understand from the answers that this is a European problem, as you in US don't have to use the Shift-7 to get the / character. One solution I got was to use the / character on the numeric keyboard, but you know - "old habits..."

However, I have sent Tree a couple of mails, and maybe he can come up with a smarter solution for us Europeans (and everyone else having to use the Shift-7 combination).

73 de Jan

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - Contest call: 7S3A
SAC 2000 Contest Committee Chairman
E-mail: sm3cer@contesting.com - ICQ: 11074897
SM3CER Contest Service: http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/
SK3BG Web Site: http://www.sk3bg.se/
Mostly QRV in MS or MM from: SK3BG - SK3HQ - SK3IK - SL3ZV
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000