[TRLog] Backup

Igor Sokolov Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 07:00:45 +0500

> The files are so small that it scarcely warrants using a Zip drive.  You
> can use Winzip or equivalent to back up all the log.dat and logcfg.dat
> files, preserving the directory structure of the CONTESTS folder and its
> yearly subfolders.  You can get a helluva lot of contests on one floppy
> disk.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR

The above is not always so. I have sound files for all the SSB or MIXED
contests in the very same directories. Plus contest specific trmaster.dta
and cty.dat, plus post contest analyses (rate, list of calls etc). Plus I
keep results or the contests in the relevant directories as well for pre
contest analyses. In other words my TESTS directory worth of 3 years of
contesting is 91Mb.
Anyway if you are only worried about cfg files for different contests you
can easily save them on just one floppy.

73,
Igor, UA9CDC