[TRLog] How do I add soapbox comments to Cabrillo file?

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:56:59 -0700

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 08:29:01PM +0200, Udo DL2ZAV wrote:

> There are many editors that can do this, one of them is the PFE text editor
> for
> Windows available at
> http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/default.htm
> It's free, has a lot of other interesting features and starts up very fast.
> I use it to substitute Notepad.

Yes - one thing I would suggest is a good text editor.

Notepad is ok but will not open large files - and it does
not take that many QSOs to be too big for Notepad.

I have found that Notepad+ is a very good replacement for Notepad
and it is one of the things I add to every Windows computer I use.

http://www.mypeecee.org/rogsoft/notepad.html

For serious editing tasks I use emacs.  You can find it here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html

I use this for most of my editing tasks - like composing this email.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."