[TRLog] QSX Frequency Problem

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:06:20 -0600

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 10:56:00PM -0500, RPClifton@aol.com wrote:
> I'm using TR Log 6.55 with an FT-1000MP.  When I select spots from the band
> map that contain split information the transceiver splits, but the transmit
> frequency is incorrect.  For example, the DX is listening on 7198, but the
> FT-1000MP transmit frequency is set to 7066.92.  Other than that, all the
> other radio interface features seem to work fine.  Any ideas what is wrong?

This feature has been broken since at least the IARU 2000 contest, and possibly
even further back.  I've mentioned it on this reflector at least twice before.
It seems to affect all radios.  It _used_ to work great.

In a related feature request, once this is fixed, it would be great if TR
could read the TX frequency from the radio when spotting on phone (or maybe
even on CW, too) and post that as QSX in the spot comment field.  I got
complaints from a local packet user about my 40M spots this weekend.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops