[TRLog] Any way to eliminate syntax checking for one QSO?

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@kkn.net
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:11:38 -0800

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 08:43:00AM -0500, Fritz Reuning K4OAQ wrote:

> Tks for the responses.  Ctrl J with 5 keystrokes at the front end (Ctrl J,
> Q, Enter, Enter, Esc) and 4 keystrokes to set it back (Ctrl J, Q, Enter,
> Esc) isn't by idea of a good solution.

You could also do it by using th feature that allows you to
read a config file into TR while it is running.  In the curretn manual
you can find this under CTRL-V in the index. On page 61 that is a
very short discription of this command but to expand on it some
it lets you execute a file that has commands that are in a LOGCFG.DAT
file.  I have used it in multi ops to do things like change
the memories and swap paddles for ops.  You can name the file
something like K5TR and K7RAT an when the new op sits down
he just hits CTRL-V and types his callsign.

You could use this to make the changes to the config file without
all the trouble you describe.

You just need two files - one to change and one to change it back.

I hope this helps.

--
George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."