[TRLog] SO2R CW Hardware Configuration

Lee Hiers aa4ga@contesting.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:49:15 -0400

On 25 Sep 2001, at 21:40, kl7ra wrote:

> Bob writes:
>
> >This will be my first year using SO2R operation and I am looking at
> >my options on how to configure and wire both stations.

> None of this matter anymore as you can get it packaged and ready to go
> from several companies listed below, may be more by now.

Admittedly, I don't know what either of these controllers does, but
with TR, here's how I (and I think most) folks set it up:

LPT1 - use for paddle input and sending CW to rig 1
LPT2 - use for sending CW to rig 2
COM1 - radio control rig 1
COM2 - radio control rig 2

Or similar.  I think the COMs can be used simultaneously for radio
control and keying, but I never got it to work out, and the above
configuration works FB for me.

No relays needed...TR takes care of which rig does the sending.  RX
audio is handled like Rich says...with a simple box that allows
listening to either Rig 1, Rig 2, or both rigs (one in each ear).  I
use a 3 position stereo guitar switch (nice big handle!), some folks
use a separate toggle for each ear to select which radio is the
source.

YMMV...

Lee

--