[TRLog] Logikey K-3 & TR-Log

Tree N6TR tree@kkn.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:30:35 -0800

> For the past 4 or 5 years I've used the built-in keyer program supplied
> with TR-Log, for both contesting and QSOing. I'm considering purchasing the
> Logikey K-3 Keyer.
>
> Is it easily interfaced with my 1000MP? I'm assuming that I will still be
> able to use TR-Log for logging purposes, and the K-3 will do the
> keying--from the keyboard, as well as the paddle (just as TR-Log does now).
>
> Those of you who are doing this, is going to a K-3 worth it, or not? Other
> pros and cons?

I don't know anything about the K3.  However, I would be interested
in knowing what, if anything, you think is missing from the
implementation of the keyer included in TR?  Aside from having to
have your computer running TR, I am not aware of any other
limitations.

The problem I see with using an external keyer while having TR running
occurs when both are trying to send CW at the same time.

Tree