[TRLog] Logikey K-3 & TR-Log

Larry Menzel retire@rconnect.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:56:28 -0600

I would agree with Tree.  I have a Logikeyer, but it's in parallel with the
computer, so that I can use my key
for fills and the like, but I see no cogent reason why you'd need to have
the computer key the Logikeyer to key the radio?
To what end?

The only thing I could possibly imagine is that you don't personally care
for the weighting of the cw from the computer,
(the Logikeyer gives you a lot of choices for that plus dot-dash memory
selection) but I'd counter that by saying that
the vast majority of cw ops prefer the standard 3:1 that the program
uses...maybe I'm out on a limb here, but I don't think so.

Larry, N0XB
Northfield, MN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-trlog@contesting.com [mailto:owner-trlog@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Tree N6TR
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 11:31 AM
To: trlog@contesting.com; VE3ZT@rac.ca
Subject: Re: [TRLog] Logikey K-3 & TR-Log

> For the past 4 or 5 years I've used the built-in keyer program supplied
> with TR-Log, for both contesting and QSOing. I'm considering purchasing
the
> Logikey K-3 Keyer.
>
> Is it easily interfaced with my 1000MP? I'm assuming that I will still be
> able to use TR-Log for logging purposes, and the K-3 will do the
> keying--from the keyboard, as well as the paddle (just as TR-Log does
now).

> Those of you who are doing this, is going to a K-3 worth it, or not? Other
> pros and cons?

I don't know anything about the K3.  However, I would be interested
in knowing what, if anything, you think is missing from the
implementation of the keyer included in TR?  Aside from having to
have your computer running TR, I am not aware of any other
limitations.

The problem I see with using an external keyer while having TR running
occurs when both are trying to send CW at the same time.

Tree