[TRLog] Logikey K-3 & TR-Log

Larry Menzel retire@rconnect.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:37:42 -0600

One of the beautiful things about having my Logikeyer in parallel with TR is
that you CAN have the keyer set for a slower
speed.  I often find that while I'm comfortable at 36 wpm, may people who
call me, especially later in a contest are not
so handy with CW.  I find that I'm able to either fill them, or respond
quickly, manually, with a slower cw speed than I can do ALT-S and
punch in 25 <CR>.  And then I have to do it again to go back to 36.

Tree, perhaps there is a key switch left in inventory that would allow us
with a single key stroke to set TRLog from our
operating speed at say 35, to about 25 wpm to work someone and then with
another single key stroke be back at CQ
speed?

Another wish list item, mayhaps.

Larry, N0XB

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-trlog@contesting.com [mailto:owner-trlog@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Clive Whelan
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 12:17 PM
To: trlog@contesting.com; VE3ZT@rac.ca
Subject: Re: [TRLog] Logikey K-3 & TR-Log

 Tree N6TR wrote:
> The problem I see with using an external keyer while having TR running
> occurs when both are trying to send CW at the same time.

More importantly perhaps the lack of speed synchronism. I never found a
need to use an external keyer once I had " discovered" TR's paddle
facility, works perfectly.

Now if only I could interface the W5XD+ keyer/SO2R box for those contest
that WL does not support ( a lot) , sigh.

73

Clive
GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org