[TRLog] FT1000MP CAT Interface Toshiba Notebook

Frank Davis fdavis@nf.sympatico.ca
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:53:39 +0100

On my Toshiba 4080 notebook I have three serial ports.  COM1 on back panel of
computer;  COM2 internal connection to intergrated modem;  COM3 via a Socket PC
Card in a side slot.  When I interface my MP to COM1 and bring up TR with the MP
turned on I have to cycle the radio OFF/ON for the software to work.  i.e to
read freq and to send CW etc...the software comes up on the display but doesn't
work.   When I interface to COM3 and bring up TR with the MP on the software
works right away and reads the freq WITHOUT having to cycle the MP OFF/ON.
Both ports have the same settings:  9600/8/none/2.
Anyone have any clues as to whats going on??

Frank VO1HP