[TRLog] Arghh. Halp. Need something entirely new from TR.

Tree N6TR tree@kkn.net
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:46:31 -0700

> After reviewing UBN's from the CQWW, I can see that bad spots are
> costing me points after the contest is over, e.g. NIL's that the log
> checker can't relate to the real station.
>
> For example...
>
> NY4A is calling CQ on 40 on 7017. Someone in JA land spots KW4M at
> 7017.

I don't know.  If a call is close to yours, then it won't count as
a NIL for you.  I actually feel that having some noise on the spots
is a good thing - makes people either have errors in their log, or
make them take the time to hear the call right.  If JA1XYZ, JE2ABC,
JA5QQQ and JA3DEF are claiming single operator, it is easy to busy
them for using packet if a few instances like this occur.

> If there was a spot showing me as KQ4A 7.017.3, I would see it and add
> a lot of extra DE NY4A until it got corrected.

Wow.

All of this makes me feel even more that packet is poison.

Tree