[TRLog] Mark-V Working 100%

Alan Clark n5pa@arrl.net
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 11:52:13 -0500

I finally got my computer totally controlling my Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark-V.  In
Windows 98 there is a file called C:\MSDOS.SYS.  First you must right click
on this file with your mouse.  Then you select "Properties".  On the bottom
of the window is a section called "Attributes" .  You must un-mark
"Read-only" and "Hidden" and press the Apply button.  Now you can edit
C:\MSDOS.SYS with Notepad.  Once you have the file up in your editor, change
the line BootGUI=1 to BootGUI=0. Then add a line LOGO=0.  Save the file and
exit the editor.  Now you must right click on the file and change the
Attributes back to "Read-only" and "Hidden".  Now you can reboot the PC.  It
will boot up in a true DOS mode.  Starting TRLog you now have full control
of the rig, providing you have the proper configuration file.  If you want
to enter Windows, simply key in the word "win" at a C:\ prompt and press
enter.  If you enter Windows and want to go back into TRLog, press the
"Start" button, the "Shut Down" option and take the "Restart" option, not
the "Restart in MS-DOS Mode" option.  Thanks for all the input from all you
guys.  Hope to see some of you at Ham-Com this weekend.

73's
Alan, N5PA