[TRLog] Rigblaster

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sun, 12 May 2002 10:32:37 -0400

At 07:53 AM 5/12/02 -0400, Barry Martz wrote:
>I am using Rigblaster with TRlog and SBDVP.  It works great for voice
>contests.  I think  you need SBDVP ver 1.03 now
>with the newest TRLog.  TRlog lets you make LOTS of voice files, way more
>than you need for the contest.  Reports are
>good on the quality of the voice recordings too.

I agree with Barry on this, though there's some question whether you need
the rigBlaster if you invest in a couple of isolation transformers and
cable the computer directly to the radio or SO2R box.  The main utility of
the RigBlaster, IMO, is to let people use serial port PTT control; if you
already have a PTT interface for TRLog, SBDVP lets you use it directly,
with no additional hardware required.

Incidentally, quite by accident I found out that for SBDVP not all sound
cards are created equal, even if they both say they are SB-16s.  The SB-16
ISA card in one of my computers has quite a bit of white noise on the
microphone input, while the other one (which I plan to dedicate to use with
TR) has on-board SB-16 audio and the mike input has no audible background
noise.  The audio quality of messages recorded with it is indistingishable
from live, to my ear at least.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the World HF
Contest Station Database at