[TRLog] Sending hex commands to a Yaesu Mark 5

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:36:34 -0400

Is anyone out there successfully sending hex commands from TR Log function
keys to a Mark 5?  The method described by W5ASP a month or so ago works
great on a straight 1000MP, but my Mark 5 just sits there.  For example,
embedding ">" in a CW message works perfectly to clear the RIT, but
programming a function key to send the same hex string to the radio has no
effect.  I am pretty sure it is not the radio, because when I use the CI-V
Commander software to send the "clarifier clear" string to it, it responds
fine.

I'm already in touch with Ron, KK1L, and he hasn't yet been able to see
what could be causing this.  He does not have access to a Mark 5 for
testing, though, which is why I'm looking for someone to confirm I'm not nuts.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower