[TRLog] Sending hex commands to a Yaesu Mark 5

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn@n4gn.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 11:32:52 -0400 (EDT)

I fiddled with this a bit last week on my Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark-V Field
(the radio with the most ridiculously long name in history, I think).  I
had some strange results, but unfortunately, I didn't have time to dig in
deeper.

In short, the embedded commands (like ">" to clear RIT) work fine, just as
N4ZR reported with the Mark-V.  I REALLY like that feature!  But commands
built using the <03><xx><xx> . . . <04> strings acted very erratic.  Some
commands appeared to always work on the SECOND push of the assigned
function key, but never on the FIRST push.  Other commands seemed to work
after some random number of pushes of the function key.  Others didn't
work at all.  Like I said, it still needs more testing and documentation;
I just ran out of time.  Hope I can get back to the "lab" this weekend . .
.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com