[TRLog] Sending hex commands to a Yaesu Mark 5

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn@n4gn.com
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 20:21:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Tim Totten, N4GN wrote:

> In short, the embedded commands (like ">" to clear RIT) work fine,
> just as N4ZR reported with the Mark-V.  I REALLY like that feature!
> But commands built using the <03><xx><xx> . . . <04> strings acted
> very erratic.

Just a quick update after further testing . . .

The problem only occurs when I use F11 or F12.  Yes, I have USE BIOS KEY
CALLS = FALSE.  When I program commands into any other function keys (F1
through F10), they work flawlessly on my Mark-V Field.  So the issue, at
least in my case, is somehow only with F11/F12.  Until the day comes that
I really need to program more than ten function keys, I'm not too worried
about it!

Now if I could just get the thunderstorms to stop long enough to get back
in the "lab" to investigate the "enter freq in kHz" problem that only
happens on SBB with my SO2R setup . . . maybe the best workaround is just
to avoid SSB contests as a single op!

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com