[TRLog] rotator control

KL7RA kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 05:09:44 -0800

Ron writes:

>Rich, How come you did not request a radio two rotator port command? There is
>a way to do that today. Since TR does not interrogate the rotator you could
>use a switching arrangement steered by the RELAY CONTROL PORT bit and send the
>rotator commands to the right place.

Hi Ron

I use that bit to switch radios in my homebrew SO2R box.

I was really looking for "three" controls as it gets interesting
trying to turn three rotators with two hands. I may be the only
person that is interested in this so I was asking to see if there
was any interest before officially asking you to add it to the
"list".

The real answer would be a device address. George was
a Hy-Gain beta tester and asked them to add that to their
DCU-1 protocol, but I don't believe they did. TRLog doesn't
ask for it and the Rotor-EZ doesn't have address selection.

I did get a comment from a DCU-1 user and he had to send
the rotator position twice using TRLog??

73 Rich KL7RA