[Trlog] Re: WPX Report not recognizing some countries.

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Sat Apr 5 19:34:01 EST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:33:52PM +0000, Mike Heideman wrote:
> I also noticed that some countries show up wrong in the report.  For
> example, 4U1WB (US) ends up as Syria, EM1U (Antarctica) is listed under
> Ukraine, KG6 is listed under US even if it is a Guam station.

The above exapmpes are getting flagged as the CTY.DAT file has
them in those countries.  There are cases all the time when
people come up with callsigns/locations that are at odds
with the CTY.DAT file.  Over the years AD1C has taken on the task
of keeping it up to date but it is a simple matter for anyone
to fix it themselves.

> Each of these, plus the examples listed by Jim, are all prefixes that may

Jim's problem was that his CTY.DAT file or something - was making it
so that he was getting UNKONWN countries.

To update anyone who might be following this thread.

I have had Jim send me his CTY.DAT file and I ran it accross my log.
I did not have any problems with it and I too worked those three stations.

So I am looking into ti further - Jim has now sent me his LOG file
so I can see if there is some issue there - I have not had a chance
to give it a try.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net