[Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Thu Feb 20 20:02:23 EST 2003

In a message dated 2/20/03 7:43:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
k2av at contesting.com writes:

>  I'm losing an old friend. And I don't want to.
>
>  Does anybody care?
>
>  Should I just give up and move on?
>
>  73, Guy
>  K2AV

Same feeling here. As the hardware "matures" away from serial ports, the gap
widens. Sure there is bunch of old clunkers around to run DOS, but it is nice
to be able to use some of the bells and whistles that windows provide, like
running grey line, recording, etc. USB to RS232 utility would sure help.
I am looking at the windows programs too and will have to make a decision if
or when to jump.

Yuri