[Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die

Tony Casciato, AI9X ai9x at arrl.net
Fri Feb 21 09:00:09 EST 2003

Maybe another thought would be since we are at this crossroad, a version of
TR that would run universally on any hardware. As time goes by, versions of
Windows makes things more difficult to manage (or license). Write something
in a portable language like Perl, Java, etc that will run on Windows, Mac,
Linux - or even a networked application across the internet (dreaming here).
Instant messaging runs across the internet and is very "thin" as far as code
size (although I'm not an expert on any of the above). Make a version
client/server for multi-ops for example. Write it in a web language (PHP?).
Borrowing from the Mac campaign : "Think Different". Seems all the
competitors to TR go for Windows only - lets change that.

Break new ground, and TR will gain more users thus surviving and becoming
better.

I'll try to help if I can...

Tony, AI9X