[Trlog] TR alwasy turns off the RIT on the 1000MP

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at contesting.com
Sun Feb 23 12:38:06 EST 2003

For me, anyway, turning off the RIT is preferred mode.

Late in contest, stupid mode index approaching 1:1, set XMT
incremental tuning to send high or low where someone was listening,
and move off.

Since stupid mode is on, lacking IT auto-off, the IT remains on, call
next dozen stations high or low, causing all I qso to wonder why I
can't figure out how to zero beat. Feature one of several dozen that
help to defeat stupid mode.

If I twiddle the knob and nothing happens, even in stupid mode, I can
figure out how to hit the button, right underneath.

Why would you want IT on when you change bands?

Regards, Guy.