[TRLog] Re: TRLog digest, Vol 1 #265 - 11 msgs

Richard Ferch ve3iay@rac.ca
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:01:02 -0500

Hi Ed & Frank,

Not quite, Ed. I used the line

vO = VO1, VO2, NF, NL, LAB

in my .dom file, and everything looked fine during the contest, but after a
post on ve3_contest from Bob VE3KZ, I checked and lo and behold, TR 6.70 and
Post 6.67 did not give me any multiplier credit for my QSOs with Frank. I
think that to catch all the possible variants, that line should read:

vO1 = VO1, VO2, NF, NL, LB, LAB

I just edited that line in my file and during the multiplier check this time
Post found the missing multipliers and corrected my score (upwards, for a
change!). I haven't tried this yet with Post 6.72a, but I suspect that the
change from vO to vO1 will probably fix the problems K5NZ noted as well.

As a side rhetorical point, I understand that every contest organizer has
their own reasons for choosing multipliers and for changing them from time
to time. Nevertheless the variety for domestic mults is something of a minor
mystery - off the top, I can think of MDC vs. MD and DC; KL7 and KH6
considered domestic vs. DX; VO1/VO2 together (NL) vs. separate (NF and LB);
VY1/VE8/VY0 together vs. separate (YT/NT/NU); and of course MAR as in SS vs.
VE9/VE1/VY2 separate (NB/NS/PE) most everywhere else (this last one is just
the flip side of all those states that are divided into multiple sections
for SS). It's no wonder we're always confused about .dom files!

73,
Rich VE3IAY