[TRLog] TR CW woes

Dave Hachadorian k6ll@juno.com
Mon Jan 13 12:47:31 EST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:47:10 EST WG0M@aol.com writes:
> Help:
> I am still trying to resolve my cw woes.
>
> I received an email that said to add the following line to the
> AUTOEXEC.BAT
> file:
>
> LH C:\windows\smartdrv.exe a+ c+
>

> The manual(ver 6.59)says to add the following to the CONFIG.SYS
> file:
>
> LH C:\dos\smartdrv.exe a+ c+
>

> Which is it?

What are your cw woes? Delay between hitting the enter key and
logging of a qso? Other small delays? If so, smartdrv can help.

Are you running TR under windows? If so, you should not have
to invoke smartdrv. Windows takes care of it.

Are you running on a pure DOS machine? If so, put
LH smartdrv c+
in autoexec.bat
Put it near the end.

Don't use a+
You will create more problems than you solve by using
smartdrv on a floppy. The delay can be several seconds, and
you may think the transfer is done, and remove the floppy
before the transfer is accomplished.

Don't back up to floppy during a contest. That can also be
troublesome.

Are you running on a Windows machine from a dos prompt?
If so, type LH smartdrv c+
from the dos prompt before starting TR.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ