[TRLog] TR CW woes

K4SB k4sb@earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 21:01:42 EST 2003

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:47:10 EST WG0M@aol.com writes:
> > I am still trying to resolve my cw woes.
> > I received an email that said to add the following line to the
> > AUTOEXEC.BAT  file:  LH C:\windows\smartdrv.exe a+ c+

> > The manual(ver 6.59)says to add the following to the CONFIG.SYS
> > file: LH C:\dos\smartdrv.exe a+ c+
> > Which is it?

Ok, Dave did an excellen job of answering all your questions but the
"Which is it?" and the answer is simple. Where is the program
smartdrv.exe located? Sure, it's in Windows,
but you could create a directory called SMARTDRV and simply copy the
.exe file from Windows to directory SMARTDRV. Then, your config.sys
file would read:

LH C:\SMARTDRV\SMARTDRV.EXE a+ c+

In other words the LH\C:\??? is simply a PATH that tells the computer
where to find the file. You could put it on a floppy, a ramdrive, D:,
a cdrom burned to include it, ect.

BTW, fwiw, I NEVER run a DOS program from the DOS prompt in Windows. (
98SE here ) I always do the "restart in MSDOS" bit.

73
Ed