[TRLog] Re: The end of MS-DOS as we know it

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at w9wi.com
Tue Jan 21 23:25:17 EST 2003

> From: "Tony AI9X" <ai9x at arrl.net>
>
> Since DOS is technically "going away" from Microsoft's cash cow and going
> unsupported, has there been any serious effort to run TrLog under Linux
> either through an DOS emulator or natively? As Linux (or other versions of

I've run TR under the Linux DOS simulator.  It works OK but suffers from the
same problems it does under Windows XP.  (choppy CW, chances are parallel
port functions wouldn't work but to be honest I didn't try them)

With some tweaking (and maybe being willing to run TR as "root"?) it might
work.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66