[Trlog] CT vs TR in SO2R

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 14 04:58:11 EDT 2003

I had the pleasure of Guest Oping this weekend at K1TTT for the IARU contest.  Dave has a fully functional SO2R using FT1000MPs and CT and the WX0B SO2R controller.

I must say that TRLog is much easier to use than CT for SO2R in my opinion. :-)  There is one feature that I did like on CT and was interested in the possibility of it being added as an update sometime.  CT puts the radio 2 log entry window in front of you automatically while radio 1 is running.  Its kind of like an automatic CNTRL-D when you CQ.

The timing takes a little getting used to because it will change back to the regular log for radio 1 as soon as the CQing ends but I still found it faster to S & P on radio 2 with it.

Any way for me to configure TR to do this now?  Id it a possible upgrade?  Appreciate any comments.

Free or not (CT), I'll keep my TRLog for SO2R.  Thanks.

Ed  N1UR