[Trlog] Adding Real DOS to Windows ME

Bob Tellefsen n6wg at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 14 15:37:53 EDT 2003

In the TR Log manual, Tree refers you to
http://www/geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/
for directions on uncovering access to real DOS in a Windows ME computer.
I'm
using an IBM 770 laptop, and want to install TR in it, once I get DOS
working.

I've been following the directions from the site, up to a point.
Now I'm stuck.  It's not clear whether I should be working in WinME, or in a
DOS
window in WinME to do some of the instructions.
I've created a temporary folder with the three files--command.com, io.sys
and regenv32.exe.
I've added winmedos.com to it also.
The directions say to run from this directory something called
"attrib -r -s -s *.*"
I'm not too clear on this.

Then I'm supposed to edit the config.sys and autoexec.bat files.  I admit
this scares
me a bit, as I've no idea what I'm doing at this point.  If I screw up, is
my system shot
until I can erase the disk and reload the sytem?

Has anyone else gone through this already?  I'd appreciate a little coaching
here,
as I'm not very adept in DOS :-)

Thanks and 73
Bob N6WG