[Trlog] SBDVP - Ahhhhh

K4BEV at aol.com K4BEV at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 23:04:59 EST 2003

Thanks to Doug-VE5UF , Kevin-W9CF, Pete-N4ZR, Jim-VE7FO, Ron-KK1L and the
TRLog reflector I've finally got my Vibra16 card working with SBDVP. Not all
sorted out yet -- but working NoneTheLess.   I shouldn't leave out the power
of the internet. I couldn't imagine trying to find some of these EXE programs
10 or 15 years ago.... Now you just download 'em.... Amazing!

Using SBDVP ver 1.0.3 (file dated 04-20-02 12:07a).
Downloaded a fresh copy of ctcm.exe (sb driver for dos) from the internet.
Ran it and followed the instructions the program provided.... Cool 'eh?
This made my SB configuration - SET BLASTER= A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6.
Added C:\SB\DIAGNOSE /S and C:\SB\MIXERSET /P to DOSSTART.BAT (not to
autoexec.bat though -- Go figure.)
[My SoundBlaster files are in c:\sb, by the way]

LOADHIGH SBDVP -v
TR
And away we go!

So far all pertinent TR files (logcfg.dat, sbdvpcfg.dat) are in the C:\LOG
directory.
DVP files are in their own directory - C:\DVP.
I set the DVP PATH = C:\DVP in TRLog.

Next step is to get the directories straight for different contests. Then
Good Bye Write Log.... Not a bad program - But NOT TRLog --- Not by a long
shot.

I hope this helps someone else get TR and a Vibra16 card talking.

73, Don - K4BEV