[Trlog] Minor bugs in TR 6.78

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 12:52:03 EST 2003

Hello, All:

Wow, that was a nice change from using CT at a M/M.  The
new version of CT crashes once an hour or so for 48 hours.
Computers that are rebooted at the same time die at the same
time!  Kinda cool...

TR ran all weekend.  The computer mysteriously rebooted while
I was napping, but I don't know why that happened.  Otherwise,
not a single crash.

I did find a few bugs.

1.  If you spot someone using "Alt-D" to create an "on-deck" call,
the on-deck "xxxx OK!" message in the top right corner doesn't
stay there.

I think this happens after working a station on the run radio.  It
also happens after unsuccessfully calling the station
on the second radio (with the space bar) and then using "escape"
to go back to the run radio.

I need the reminder of the on-deck callsign after the first
12 hours or so.  This needs to stay up all the time.  Color
coding or reverse video would be nice if there is an active
"on-deck" call.  I also believe that the "on-deck" call
mysteriously got cleared (so the "SPACE" didn't call the
other station) several times, but I don't know what I did to
cause it.

2. SCP is broken.  It doesn't show some duplicate calls.  The
Alt-D or space bar dupe checks beep and show the dupe, but the
call never shows up in the SCP window.  Specifically, W9CO,
K0PY, K6OY, KB9AX never showed up after I worked them.  N9CO
did.  I rely on that.  When I start typing a call, if it comes
up RED in the SCP window, I quit typing it and move on.  With
this bug, I have to enter the full callsign and do a dupe check.
I tried deleting restart.bin and restarting.  That didn't help.

3.  The bandmap is broken if you are running on radio 2 and doing S&P
on radio one.  If you enter a call in the radio 1 band map (using
Alt-D), it is overwritten (on radio 1) with a "CQ" message as soon
as you press F1 to call CQ on radio 2.  The "CQ" bandmap placeholders
are ALWAYS on radio 1, regardless of which radio you are running on.
At N3HBX, I usually have specific bands assigned to each radio, so
the run radio bounces back and forth during the contest (a lot).

Thanks for a GREAT program, Tree.  Congratulations on the K7RAT
score!

73,

Mark, KD4D