[Trlog] TRlog under Linux! : Packet

Sylvan Katz jskatz at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 10 07:23:56 EST 2003

> Logging in remotely and running xdosemu might work, I will have to try it
> sometime. You would presumably want to run a separate program
> simultaneously to remotely control the radio.

By running simultaneously programs that are linked in a master slave manner
you will be able to hear the CW or voice from SBDVP on the master machine as
well as the slave. In theory this way you don't have to move audio and
screen mages from slave to master. Essentially, this would remove any audio
problems associated with propagation delays in the IP link. I suspect that
maybe in SO1R mode all one needs to do is pipe the keyboard from the master
to the slave and the pipe stuff that the rig sends back to the serial or
parallel IO port on the slave to the master. Thoughts?

... Sylvan

Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK

**** NEW EMAIL ADDRESS ****