[Trlog] Help! SBDVP and HP Laptop

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 15:21:47 EST 2003

Hello, All:

I've been trying to get SBDVP working on an HP Pavillion Laptop.
It has an Avance AC97 sound "card," actually a motherboard
chipset.

SBDVP works "fine" in a DOS window under XP.  However, under FreeDOS
or DOS 6.22, it doesn't detect the sound card.  I can't find a BIOS
setting to enable/disable the sound card or anything that looks like
a DOS device driver for this beast.  I tried setting the BLASTER
environment variable, but it didn't help.

Does anyone know how to get this working?

Thanks!

Mark