[Trlog] TR RESCORE bug and useful feature

Mike Heideman mike_heideman at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 07:18:33 EST 2003

For the first time I ran TR RESCORE on a log and noticed that it had dropped
all of the $ characters indicating that a QSO was S&P.  Just a warning to
anyone who uises RESCORE to redo a log.  I like to go back and figure out
how many S&P vs. run Q's I've made, so if I hadn't noticed I'd have lost
that information.

On a positive note, RESCORE will add any missing * character that is
normally put into the log when the name is in the TRMASTER file.  Some of us
add names of our contest club members or other friends to the TRMASTER file
so RESCORE gives a reliable way of counting how many club members or friends
were worked.

The state of the * may be wrong for a logged QSO if the callsign is edited
between the first and second Enter in CQ or S&P mode.  It may also be
missing from QSOs logged in S&P mode if the down-arrow key is used to move
to the exchange line and Alt-Z isn't used to load the initial exchange, info
window, and name before logging the QSO.

-Mike, N7MH